21 January 2009
My Worm Farm
Credits:Fantasy Landscape Happy Noo Noos by Meryl Bartho, http://tinyurl.com/yye76j
Hang The Date - Cardstock Months & Hang The Date - Cardstock Years 2001 - 2010 by Meryl Bartho
Mandy Page Kit by Meryl Bartho
Sightseeing III QC by Elisabeth Weaver, http://tinyurl.com/5qhaxl
Worm Alpha by ChrisDesign (recoloured)
Worms by Chaos Lounge & Julia Makotinsky
1) First get your worm farm $149.
2) Get your worms $35 for 1000.
3) Add first tray to base, add cardboard & wet coir bedding.
4) Add worms on top.
5) Add second tray & add a few handfuls of food scraps, teabags, garden peat, etc.
6) On top put a damp cover of hessian, burlap or a piece of old carpet - I only had wet paper yesterday but today they have a piece of brand new carpet, free from the carpet shop! The poor man thought he’d better humour the nutty old woman!
7) Put lid on and wait for them to do their thing!
8) Water everyday in hot weather to keep damp & feed your food scraps, no meat.
9) In a few weeks you can syphon the worm liquid (wees) from the bottom to use on your garden. Once second tray is full of worm castings (poos) add last tray to top and replace carpet & lid. When they’re all full empty the bottom tray (compost for garden) and add to top to start again - if the worms are still alive of course!